Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Comparing rows values for multiple values and highlight unmatched col values.

Pragya_Shree
5 - Atom

Problem: I have a scenario where I have around 50 columns and one ID column( not unique), hence we group by the data on the id column then suppose I have 5 rows for the same id.  Now I need to make sure that the rest of all the 50 columns except id col should have similar data across respective columns if in any row a column value is not as per requirement then it needs to be highlighted.

Example:

IdNameCountryCityWork
01JohnUSNewYorkIT
01JohnUSMichiganIT
02SamAustraliaSydneyRadio
02LoveAustraliaSydneyRadio

Result:

IdNameCountryCityWork
01JohnUSNewYorkIT
01JohnUSMichiganIT
02SamAustraliaSydneyRadio
02LoveAustraliaSydneyRadio

Note: I know we can use Multi-row but this tool can only be managed for a few columns I need the same thing for more columns at once.

Thanks in Advance. 

3 REPLIES 3
Jonathan-Sherman
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

Hi @Pragya_Shree,

An approach with pivoting and determining the mode (most common) value for each group in each column would work here:

JonathanSherman_0-1639035954833.png

I've attached my workflow for you to download if needed!

Kind regards,

Jonathan

Jonathan-Sherman
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

The difficulty in this case comes where you only have two records (so there is no way to easily distinguish the mode), however I would think in your dataset you have a large number of records so this wouldn't be an issue?

Pragya_Shree
5 - Atom

@jonathan Thank you so much! it worked perfectly with a large amount of data.

Labels