Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Comparing multiple excel files

npeddagorla
7 - Meteor

Hello All,

I have a use case where I have two folders Old_Folder and New_Folder 

New_Folder has three files (a.xlsx,b.xlsx,c.xlsx)

Old_Folder has same three files (a.xlsx,b.xlsx,c.xlsx)

What i need to do is to compare each file(Eg: a.xlsx in new and old folder) in both folders and see if there are any records that got changed overtime. In similar way once if i run the workflow it should compare the data for all the files in the two folders and give an overall report where i can see all the records that got changed overtime. 

Regards,

Naveen.

3 REPLIES 3
Emil_Kos
17 - Castor
17 - Castor
npeddagorla
7 - Meteor

Hello @Emil_Kos ,

I understand that this macro can help me compare the two file but i need the macro that runs iteratively comparing one file after the other.

Regards,

Naveen.

kelsey_kincaid
12 - Quasar

Hi @npeddagorla ,

Without knowing the details of your data, I put together a workflow that should work for you once you tweak it to match your specific use case. It pulls the file paths and feeds those into a batch macro for comparison. The output shows each file, the original value, the new value and whether or not the two match. From there the sky is the limit - you can summarize mismatches by file, filter to which ones do/don't match, etc. Let me know if you have any questions.

kelsey_kincaid_0-1611090640579.png

kelsey_kincaid_2-1611090671263.png

Labels