Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Comparing items to a list in SP

MattR79
8 - Asteroid

I have a workflow and at the end it is getting joined to a SP list using two values, the item alias and the break category.  For my upload each month I only want any new unique records to be added to the SP site.  Should the way I am doing it be sufficient or will I need to find a way to add unique item IDs to the records?  So when I join this way does Alteryx look at both the alias and break category to determine if the record should join to one already in SP?  Due to the amount of parameters compared the alias may be in SP multiple times, but there should only be one record of a particular alias under each break category.  Below is an example of items that might be compared.  I'd only want the items with a Y in the upload column to be added.  Am I on the right track or would I need to assign record IDs and if so how would I go about doing that?

AliasBreak Category

Break Already in SP

Upload Y/N
GNTY-4563Type MismatchNOY
GNTY-4563Amount MismatchYESN
GNTY-4563System MismatchNOY

1 REPLY 1
DataNath
17 - Castor

Hey @MattR79, if I'm understanding your question right, you're wanting to add combinations of aliases/break categories that aren't already in your SP list to the SP list? And ignore any exact existing alias/break category combinations?

If so, you could use an approach like below, where you conduct a join to test which match. Any that don't, you then append to the original (SP) table. Example workbook attached:

DataNath_0-1653425324592.png

EDIT: Just had a good re-read of your original post. The way you're doing it now seems like it should be fine - When Alteryx conducts a join on multiple fields, it only joins records where it finds a match in both of these. Therefore, as long as there aren't multiple of the same alias/break category combination, as you say, then it should be fine and you'll only be joining 1:1 from the new data to the SP list.

Labels