Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Comparing data between two tabs in a single excel sheet

MATTHEW_KING1
8 - Asteroid

Hi,

I am trying to find a way that I can add a column to one tab which brings back "yes" if criteria are matched across multiple cells between the two tabs. Is this even possible? Appreciate any help in advance.

13 REPLIES 13
atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @MATTHEW_KING1 

Can you provide some sample input and expected output It will help us get a better understanding of the usecase.

We will be happy to help : )

MATTHEW_KING1
8 - Asteroid

Sorry, hard to do as the data is sensitive. I basically have two tabs of output data, I simply need to add a column within the data of the second tab that returns "YES" if the row data matches using about 4/5 columns of data from the first tab. Hope that makes sense.

atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @MATTHEW_KING1 

You can create sample data with random values such as A,B,C,1,2,3 etc which will give us an idea about the structure of the data.

Happy to help : )

MATTHEW_KING1
8 - Asteroid

Ok i think i managed to duplicate the situation using simplified data. So on the attached i need to add a colulmn in the second tab, for instance "Owns Pets?", and based on matching the data across the columns to bring back "YES" if all match.

atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @MATTHEW_KING1 

Here is how you can do it. I have added a scenario where it doesn't match.

Workflow:

atcodedog05_1-1644949323860.png

Hope this helps : )

NikyN
9 - Comet

Hello @MATTHEW_KING1,

hard to tell what criteria you want to apply -- but if all columns are gonna be text you can used attached solution.

You need to load both sheets into the flow and based on the join tool, you can match it on as many fields as you have present in the flow.

//In case that some columns will be NOT text, than you need to with formula proceed with further checks.

Let me know if this is something you are looking for, in case not, please share with us sample data!

Best Luck!

Niky

MATTHEW_KING1
8 - Asteroid

Thanks @atcodedog05 , not sure this works for me however. I have updated the data. To further explain, i need the new column to appear within the second tab. So lets say i want to match on Name, Surname, House No, and Street, then if all those match, bring me back "YES"  in this brand new column, PETS?, within in the second tab. I just need to know that there is a matching row of data within the first tab that matches those criteria by stating "YES" within the newly created column on the second tab. 

atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @MATTHEW_KING1 

I think this might meet the expectation.

atcodedog05_0-1644951383510.png

Hope this helps : )

MATTHEW_KING1
8 - Asteroid

@atcodedog05 Thanks this looks like it may work. But how would i get the new column to appear within my second tab please? Is this possible?

Labels