Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Comparing Rows by Source Code Adding new Column with Identifier

dberroth
8 - Asteroid

Hello all, I am attempting to run compares on massive CSV files with 300+ columns. An example I am trying to do below. 

I'm wanting to first identify The source and ID. Both ID's need to match when comparing OW/OW1 Rows of data, then determine if the OW1 row is blank on Originator, Destination, Street and Zip, if the OW1 ID has all four of those fields blank and it matches the corresponding ID, create a reason code as "acceptable" in a new "Reason Code" Column being put on both the OW and OW1 row. Any direction on this would be helpful, I've been trying to piece this together with other posts but can't get it to work as expected. 

dberroth_0-1602865492085.png

6 REPLIES 6
dberroth
8 - Asteroid

So it's not confusing the "Reason Code" is a new column that the flow will need to generate. Appreciate any pointers!

ScottE
Alteryx
Alteryx

@dberroth If you 'Group by' the ID field in the Multi-Row Formula it will only compare records where the IDs are the same. 

dberroth
8 - Asteroid

Thanks for the reply Scott, unfortunately that's not getting me where I need to be. I have a couple screenshots below. 

as you can see, the two "Tulsa" rows should be Not Match, I need "Not Match" to be on both records of the same ID, So, it's really only getting me half way there. i can't figure out what is wrong with this row logic on the first screenshot

dberroth_0-1603130884872.png

dberroth_1-1603130910465.png

dberroth
8 - Asteroid

Sorry, both should be "Match", as they match...my fault for the confusion

ArtApa
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi @dberroth - It is always easier to answer a question if a sample data is provided. I used our Text Mining building blocks to OCR your screenshot. 

Please find attached a solution that came into my mind. I followed the steps described by you and tried to make my workflow as dynamic as possible. 

ArtApa_0-1603168763512.png

dberroth
8 - Asteroid

Thank you for the response ArtApa and I'll be sure to start providing sample data. Appreciate your  help as always. 

Labels