Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Compare values in a single column separated by a comma

jw68937
8 - Asteroid

I've got a field called Concat_Team that details which team group members are in for different projects. Where there is any combination of the 5 groups (US Audit, IT Audit, APAC Audit, ERM, Analytics)) it is a collaborative project and should be noted in a new field. 

I'm new to regex but seems like maybe that would help if I got the right mix? There could be lots of team members so I'd like to avoid parsing and comparing columns if possible

Ex:

US Audit,US Audit,US Audit - not collaborative because just one team listed

US Audit,IT Audit - Collaborative between different teams

ERM,Analytics - Collaborative

Thanks for any suggestions! 
jw68937_0-1657307807044.png

4 REPLIES 4
IraWatt
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hey @jw68937,

Heres how I would do it:

IraWatt_0-1657312122892.png

No Regex Required. The Summarize counts the number of distinct teams in each row then the formula adds on collaborative if its more than 1.

Any questions or issues please ask :)
HTH!
Ira

CathyS_Slalom
9 - Comet

Hi @jw68937, you can create 5 flags to identify whether this Concat_Team contains US Audit, IT Audit... or not, then if the sum of the 5 flag is greater than 1 then flag as collaborative. 

CathyS_Slalom_0-1657312233651.png

jw68937
8 - Asteroid

These are the badass solutions I was here for! Ira's was a touch simpler so I'm marking his as solution but both were awesome suggestions! Thank you guys! Happy Friday! :) 

Jen

IraWatt
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

No worries @jw68937 glad it helped 😄 Happy Friday! 

Labels