Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Compare .txt files-Input .txt files without delimiters into table format

Nidhin
8 - Asteroid

Hi 

I have browsed through the knowledge base, but couldn't find what i was looking for.

I have a dataset in .txt.It is in a table form but does not have a delimiter.

I want to compare two such data set.I am not able to read the file in Alteryx as a table.

I tried using Text to column,regEx etc.But still facing issues with making a table from this data.

Sample data attached

Thanks

Nidhin

3 REPLIES 3
RolandSchubert
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Hi,

I think, loading the file as a "fixed width text file" should work. Define the columns using "Flat File Layout", this should result in a table structure.

Spoiler
14-03-_2019_10-34-12.png

Do you think this is an option?

Best regards

Roland

Nidhin
8 - Asteroid

Hi Roland,

Thanks a lot for the solution.It works for now.I am creating a batch macro which will compare different types of report by setting a flat file as the field config for each report type.If the same type of report always follows this field config,i guess this should work,

Nidhin

F5_GL
6 - Meteoroid

Thanks for the info - I used the input file type Flat ASCII. I wish that there was an option to Start Data Import on Line 3 with Flat ASCII. Is there another type that has fixed delimited available or is Flat ASCII the only one?

Labels