Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Compare two columns over a threshold

BonusCup
10 - Fireball

Hi,

I have a workflow that outputs a table as shown and attached.  I would like to compare "O Count" vs "L Count" and add the 'Desired Result' column showing '1'  if either column has a value of >= 30 and the other column = 0.  Thanks for any help on this.

CountCompare.JPG

4 REPLIES 4
JosephSerpis
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @BonusCup I mocked up a workflow it matches your output apart for row 9 where L count is 23 and 0 count is 0. Let me know what you think?

BonusCup
10 - Fireball

Thanks @JosephSerpis.  Row 9 is where I'm having an issue too.  The "0" value could appear in either column sometimes so I needed to call that out but only if the other column is over 30.

JosephSerpis
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @BonusCup sorry but 23 is less than 30 so you current logic of of any column having a value of greater than 30 or either a column with 0 with produce the current result.

BonusCup
10 - Fireball

Hi @JosephSerpis.  I was able to resolve the issue I was having with an IF, ELSEIF statement.  Thanks for putting me on the right path.

IF [O Count] >= 30 and [L Count] = 0 then 1
ELSEIF [L Count] >= 30 and [O Count] = 0 then 1
ELSE 0
ENDIF

CountCompare_resolved.JPG

Labels