Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Compare same rows in a sheet and remove duplicates

Nikson
5 - Atom

Hello everyone,

I have an excel sheet with different rows. 

Because of some vlookups and filters, I happen to, sometimes, have many times the same row (same information) => They are basically duplicates.

I want to do a search that might able to take out all the lines that are 2 or 3 times in the sheet and delete them so there is only one left.

Do you maybe know how I can do that? I can't find a proper way on Alteryx.

Ex:

First NameFamily NameAgePhone
MarcTwin24iPhone
JackSparrow35Samsung
EricShaw48iPhone
MarcTwin24Samsung
JackSparrow35Samsung

Here, i'd like to remove only the one line in red. Because, it's the only one that is a duplicate.

Even if Marc Twin appears 2 times, it's only because he has both phone, so in that case both are staying. 

Hope my request is quite enough. 

Thank you very much in advance for your help.

Have a wonderful day,

Nik

2 REPLIES 2
patrick_mcauliffe
14 - Magnetar
14 - Magnetar

@Nikson  There are a few options to do so.
Here are my two favorite:

1.  Use a Summary tool and Group by your key fields which you want in the output.

groupBy.png

2.  A combination of the Unique tool and the Select tool.

The Unique tool allows you to pick which fields make up a unique record (In your case, all of those).  Then the Select tool removes and fields not needed (say, if an extra field came into your data set later).

Unique.pngselect.png

Nikson
5 - Atom

Hi Patrick, 

Thanks a lot for your quick answer. It worked perfectly, didn't know it was that simple :)

Have an excellent weekend, 

Nik

Labels