Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Compare one row to all other rows

minty
7 - Meteor

Hi All, 

I have a set of data that has multiple rows with the same date. Is there a tool that could compare one row to every single row in the data set? Ideally, I would add the data associated with that date and create a new 'totals' column. I have attached a picture of what the data looks like right now below and would love to be able to add all 2020-07-18 data points together for example. 

Thank you! 

3 REPLIES 3
DavidP
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

I would play around with the summarize tool - group by date and look at the other options available. Add any other columns you need, then join back to the original date set.

seven
12 - Quasar

Hi@minty 

the Summarize tool will give you the totals per date. You can then join those totals to the original data and have a totals column if that's what you want to do.

seven_0-1595628309864.png

If this works for you, please mark it as a solution. If not, please explain how it faltered and also provide data in a file not a photo.

minty
7 - Meteor

Thank you so much for your help! That worked perfectly. 

Labels