Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Compare meeting attendance lists to show overlaps/conflicts

bclc
5 - Atom

I have an excel file where 1 row = 1 meeting. The first column is the name of the meeting and the subsequent columns are used for attendee names. My task is to compare the attendees of each meeting to the attendees of all other meetings, with the output showing which meetings cannot be scheduled at the same time. 

Here's a simplified look at what I'm starting with and what I'm hoping to generate:

Input

bclc_0-1577807875276.png 

Output

bclc_1-1577807943649.png

I created a workflow that does this for the simplified data, but my actual file is much larger (approx. 150 meetings with up to 25 attendees for each). The workflow becomes significantly more complex with each additional meeting, so it's not realistic to apply this solution to my real data.

I'm hopeful there's an easier solution out there 🙂 

3 REPLIES 3
joshuaburkhow
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

Hi @bclc 

This should do it for you! Test it out and let me know. I did notice you have the meeting conflicts going both ways, did you want that or just the single conflict. It's an easy change if you did want that. 

If this does work please mark as solved so others can find it easily 😉 

Thanks and Happy New Year!

Joshua

Joshua Burkhow - Alteryx Ace | Global Alteryx Architect @PwC | Blogger @ AlterTricks
joshuaburkhow
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

Here is the example modified to look both ways, just a small add to the if statement in the multi-row formula tool 😉 

Joshua Burkhow - Alteryx Ace | Global Alteryx Architect @PwC | Blogger @ AlterTricks
bclc
5 - Atom

This is perfect - thank you!!

Labels