Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Compare duplicated fields

KCAgentProvocateur
8 - Asteroid

I have around 1.5k records which are duplicated on [name] [Address] and [Post Code] - when i used the unique tool it only shows the one duplicated record. I need to see both records that are duplicated next to each other so i can compare.

What is the best way to do this?

Thanks,

Kerry

5 REPLIES 5
JosephSerpis
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @KCAgentProvocateur an easy way to compare against those 3 records and use the Unique tool is by using the formula tool to create a new string field which is a concatenation of those fields e.g. Name + Address + Postcode then use the unique tool on that new field.

KCAgentProvocateur
8 - Asteroid

Hey, 

But i was under the impression that the unique tool took out the duplicated values - leaving one value as unique and one as duplicated?

So i wouldn't be able to view them next to each other?

Thanks,

Kerry

JosephSerpis
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @KCAgentProvocateur the unique tool has two outputs the Unique output which would leave one values then the duplicated fields will come out of the second output. To View to together which I think you mean side by side you would need to use a join from the Unique output and the duplicate output of the Unique tool.

KCAgentProvocateur
8 - Asteroid

yes your are correct! ideally i wanted them under each other - but i can work with them being in the same row as its more for spot checking at the moment.

Thanks!

JReid
9 - Comet

clipboard_image_0.png 

I use a macro similar to this workflow to analyze duplication when it occurs

Labels