Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Company Logo

bvolles
8 - Asteroid

Hello,

What I am trying to do is add a company logo to the upper left of my excel reports.  I tried the image tool, layout, report header and render with no success.  It would always put the image in the center and expand the table or to the right of the table full of data.  I need it to be upper left.

7 REPLIES 7
DataPrepChad
10 - Fireball

Hi @bvolles,

Try using the Overlay tool.  It breaks up the report into 9 regions and allows you to specify a specific part to drop your company logo. 

OverlayExample.png

Thanks!

~ Chad

dataprepu.com

bvolles
8 - Asteroid

I am getting this when I use that: Error: Overlay (15): A field cannot be overlayed on top of itself.  I am using the image tool then overlay and then output data to excel file.  Should I be using the table and render tools instead?

DataPrepChad
10 - Fireball

Yup, the table and render tools are necessary to create the report with images. 

Check out the attached example, it demonstrates putting it all together in one package.

OverlayToolForCompanyLogo.png

The final step here would be to use the Render tool to create the final Excel report.  Hope this helps! 

~ Chad

dataprepu.com

bvolles
8 - Asteroid

That helped but take a look at the attached.  I am not able to move the table down to see the data.  I have tried everything I know....

DataPrepChad
10 - Fireball

Hmm, seems a bit buggy that the overlay won't render to Excel properly, may be something Products will want to look into.  In any case, try the attached.  I removed the Overlay tool and updated the Layout to have the image on top, left aligned, and vertical.  

Hope this one gets you closer to where you need to be. 

bvolles
8 - Asteroid

This is perfect!  Thank you.

adrilarotta
8 - Asteroid

Hi, 

Very usefull workflow, thank you!!

Labels