Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Comment - Send to back

DataBlender
11 - Bolide

Has anyone else noticed that tools placed on top of comment boxes are prone to disappearing behind them?

I know you can send the comment back to the back, but this preference doesn't seem to always be kept when opening/closing workflows.

19 REPLIES 19
ptjy
6 - Meteoroid

Same to me. I did the bring to front and save, and was not using containers. It is a bug.

MikeLR
8 - Asteroid

Hi @ptjy It looks like this has been fixed in the 2020.1 release:

Comments inside tool containers no longer hide tools.

Cheers, Mike

sgauthier
5 - Atom

Hi,

I am using 2020.1, and am experiencing this bug.  I have comment tools within a container, and I use send to back, with another tool in front.  When I re-open the workflow, the comments are in the front and hiding the tools.

I also tried "send to front" for the tool on top of the comment, saved and re-opened.  Some of the tools remain in front of the comment, some have been sent to the back of the comment.

So the issue still exists in 2020.1.

Regards,

Sue

JustinLine
7 - Meteor

Using 2020.3 and this is still an issue with comments inside containers.

newsomesm
6 - Meteoroid

It’s happening to me in version 2020.4.
(2020.4.5.12471).  I have been having the issue since I upgraded to the newer version...it was never an issue before.  

sgauthier
5 - Atom

I'm seeing it in 2020.4 as well (I just upgraded from 2020.1).

Are there any plans to fix this issue?

JoshML
Alteryx
Alteryx

This behavior is a defect. If you're experiencing this behavior, you can contact Alteryx Support and reference DE18314.

SammieY
5 - Atom

seems the following steps resolve the bug;

1. drag all tools and comments outside the tool container

2. send individual comment to back and tool to front

3. select all comments and tools. If the some tools are 'hidden', repeat step 2

4. drag them to tool container

BSzto
6 - Meteoroid

Hey all! This is an old topic, but I can confirm that @MikeLR 's tip of bringing TOOLS WITHIN CONTAINERS 'To the Front' does indeed cause them to remain in front of the comment boxes upon reopening the workflow!

Thanks all!

MikeLR
8 - Asteroid

I'm glad to hear it also worked for you @BSzto 

Labels