Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Command Line Complete into Dynamic Input

stapuff
9 - Comet

I have a command line tool that moves Excel files into a specific folder (works with no issues).

Upon completion I want the rest of the workflow to run. In order to use the "Output" of the command tool you need to configure the input. I don't care specifically what the output of the command tool is outside of "I am finished".

The next tool in the workflow is a dynamic input where I want to read in all of the files I moved in step1 above.

I can only get the first file to be pulled into the dynamic input.

I have used a url wildcard, created full path formula, etc. All files have the same schema.  The standard input reads/stacks the data in just fine. It wasn't until I needed to add the file move piece inline and in the front of the workflow that this became an issue.

Ay thoughts would be appreciated.

Puff

CommandLine.PNG

4 REPLIES 4
apathetichell
18 - Pollux

instead of using dynamic input pass the values of the files that you moved and the new locations into an input data tool (or equivalent) via a batch macro.

stapuff
9 - Comet

I good idea.  Will look into it more.

danilang
19 - Altair
19 - Altair

Hi @stapuff 

Another thing you can try is to connect the Command Line tool to the "1" output of the Block Until Done, instead of before it.  This should allow the Command to run before you read the files with the Dynamic Input

Dan

stapuff
9 - Comet

I will give that a try.  I appreciate the suggestion.

Puff

Labels