Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Combining separate Excels generated from table tool into one

Klaudiaa
5 - Atom

Dear All!

I have built a workflow in Alteryx which generates 3 separate reports. I used table tool to create each of the reports. I should have all these three reports in one Excel file in three separate sheets instead 3 separate Excels. Right now I merge them manually but I wonder whether it is possible to Alteryx to save them automatically in one Excel file in three separate sheets (taking into account that I used table tool before generating to make them look in a proper way).

Many thanks in advance for your help!

Klaudia

3 REPLIES 3
afv2688
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Hello @Klaudiaa ,

Here is a small example about how to do it.

Take into accont that the names will be ordered by name alphabetically.

Regards

Klaudiaa
5 - Atom

This works, thank you! However, once I generated the report for some reason sorting of rows and columns have changed and everything is mixed. Also, the width of the columns in two from 3 reports changed. Do you know how I could avoid it?

afv2688
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Hello @Klaudiaa ,

As far as I know, width is determined by the sheet with the report layout. I don't know if there is a way to adjust it depending on the needs of each report (meaning that the width is dynamically adjusted). There are some workarounds but nothing else.

Regarding the columns. You would need to check how the data comes in into the table and what is the order on the table tool (on the Per Column configuration). Those are the parameters that control how the columns are being displayed.

Regards

Labels