Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Combining rows by row position

joseph_m_shopp
5 - Atom

I have 1500+  rows within the data there are 3 types of data Set_1, Set_2 and Set_3. I want to combine the 1st 4 rows of Set_1 data, There is no connection between the data on the rows. The data will populate into another form that allows up to 4 columns of data.Since the size of the data varies and there will be anywhere from 15 to 3000 rows it needs to allow for variable size. 

Set_1What I haveSet_1-1 Set_1-1Set_1-1Set_1-1Set_1-1
Set_1 Set_1-1→→→Set_1-2Set_1-2Set_1-2Set_1-2
Set_1 Set_1-1 Set_1-3Set_1-3Set_1-3Set_1-3
Set_1 Set_1-1 This is the outcome I want   
Set_1 Set_1-2     
Set_1→→→Set_1-2     
Set_1 Set_1-2     
Set_1 Set_1-2     
Set_1 Set_1-3     
Set_1 Set_1-3     
Set_1 Set_1-3     
Set_1 Set_1-3     
5 REPLIES 5
DiganP
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

@joseph_m_shopp Have you tried using the summarize tool? You can use the groupby function.

Digan
Alteryx
benakesh
12 - Quasar

Hi @joseph_m_shopp ,

Let me know if  make columns  has desired output .   

clipboard_image_0.png

joseph_m_shopp
5 - Atom
That did not work for me. I tried it both horizontally and vertically.
Thank You,

Joseph Shopp
Valuation Field Team, Texas, Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama
Fannie Mae
714-713-0788 (direct) 240-699-5131 (fax)
joseph_m_shopp@fanniemae.com

This e-mail and its attachments are confidential and solely for the intended addressee(s). Do not share or use them without Fannie Mae's approval. If received in error, delete the message and contact the sender.

Help Prevent Fraud: If you are aware of or suspect inappropriate activity in connection with a Fannie Mae property, please immediately report it either by e-mail to Mortgagefraud_tips@fanniemae.com or to our Fraud Tips Hotline, 1-800-7FANNIE (1-800-732-6643).
joseph_m_shopp
5 - Atom

It has the desired output. Better then what I was thinking.

joesofine10
5 - Atom

magnificent!  Thank you!

Labels