Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Combining multiple tabs of single excel file having different number of columns

Chirag_KRCPL
8 - Asteroid

I am looking to combine 2 excel tabs of same excel file using SINGLE input data tool (I don't want to use multiple input data tools).

Tab 1 - "Demographic"

Chirag_KRCPL_0-1655381447510.png
Tab 2 - ID Proof

Chirag_KRCPL_1-1655381583694.png

This is the output that I am expecting:

Chirag_KRCPL_2-1655381668636.png

Is there any way to combine these 2 excel tabs into one using SINGLE INPUT DATA tool (maybe via macro) ??
I have attached the excel file as well

Regards,
Chirag

5 REPLIES 5
Kurohits
10 - Fireball

Hi @Chirag_KRCPL 

Use this macro that can easily consolidate multiple tabs or multiple sheets with different schemas. This is multi-purpose macro which can help to deal with any kind of structure or unstructured data. 

Kurohits_0-1655383069845.png

Chirag_KRCPL
8 - Asteroid

Hi @Kurohits

Many thanks for the solution. I tried running the macro but it is showing following error:

Chirag_KRCPL_1-1655442632284.png

I think this is because of the "DRS_02" excel file which has been been used for creating this macro. Can you please suggest what corrective action do I need to take in order to make this macro functional at my end? 

allwynthomas24
11 - Bolide

Hey @Chirag_KRCPL,

Kindly check the attached workflow and confirm whether it matches your mentioned requirements.

Thanks & Regards,

Allwyn.

Spoiler
allwynthomas24_0-1655478871304.png
Chirag_KRCPL
8 - Asteroid

Hi @allwynthomas24 

Many thanks for this! It has helped me served my purpose.

allwynthomas24
11 - Bolide

Hey @Chirag_KRCPL,

Happy to see that the solution worked out for you. Thanks for marking it as the solution.

Regards,

Allwyn

Labels