Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Combining multiple excel sheets into one output, but only want one sheet formatted render

dberroth
8 - Asteroid

Hello all, this has been something that I've spent a lot of time on and can just not get there. I finally got it to where I can have all the sheets stay consistent and recombined and output correctly, but I can not figure out how to keep this flow working, but eliminating 5 of the 6 sheets from being formatted ( I finally got this to work by creating a table for each flow, then a specific tab name, then regrouping them through the layout tool). This output is typically 60mb without any formatting so I really need to account for any space I can save. 

Again, I just really want one sheet to have formatting, but when I remove the tables prior to creating the "tabs" for each "sheet" to group later, it breaks. Any suggestions? 

Also please notice I have a rundate formula at the end that has to be accounted for in the file name. 

dberroth_0-1617121132788.png

1 REPLY 1
DavidP
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @dberroth 

I would only generate the sheet that you want formatted with the reporting tools and then use output data tools to write data to the other sheets. The trick is that the Render tool has to run first and then the other output data tools after that, otherwise the render tool overwrites the file created by the output data tools.

This post shows an example of how to do this

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Discussions/Using-Render-and-output-file-tool-to-s...

Labels