Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Combining Tiled Outputs - Is this possible??

bryan_ram2613
8 - Asteroid

Hello All,

I have run into a snag when it comes to formatting an output. It might not be possible but here gos.

I have these two smart tile outputs within the same workflow. Those are shown below.

Residence Tile23058
Extremely Low

Low29
Below Average57
Average113
Above Average36
High1

# of Persons Tile23060
Extremely Low

Low180
Below Average48
Average18
Above Average17
High1

Is it possible to get this output to look like this?? I am trying to stay in Alteryx and not output to excel and reformat the output.

Length or ResidenceTile Ranges23058

Extremely Low

Low29
 Below Average57
 Average113
 Above Average36
 High1
# of PersonsTile Ranges23060
 Extremely Low2
 Low180
 Below Average48
 Average18
 Above Average17
 High1

Any help is much appreciated. Thanks!

Best

2 REPLIES 2
Claje
14 - Magnetar

Hi,

Seeing your workflow would help, but guessing at what you have configured, I set up a quick example (attached) of how to do this.

Essentially, I create the header row with the "Tile Ranges" value you are looking for separately for each Smart Tile, and union this together.  Then I union the final two outputs of these smart tile processes together to create your format.

I hope this helps to give you some ideas!

DavidP
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Perhaps I'm imagining a different problem to the one you actually have. If you already have the data from the 2 tiles, lumping them together and making a few changes to match your desired output is pretty easy, like this:

combine tiles 1.png

Then I thought, perhaps the 1st row of each dataset is actually the header row, so then it's not as straightforward, you have to make the header row part of the dataset first, and then you can union them together, like this.

combine tiles 2.png

Both solutions are attached.

Labels