Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Combining Tabs in one excel sheet

sdinan002
5 - Atom

Hi I have multiple excel tabs in one Workbook which I would like to combine. This excel has over a 100 tabs which I would like to combine to sit under each other. 

Is there any fast way to input the tabs quickly instead of connecting a new input each time for every different tab/sheet. Datasets Batch Macro

Thanks

Steve

7 REPLIES 7
fmvizcaino
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @sdinan002 ,

Take a look at the attached example. I'm using an input to get all sheet names and then using a batch macro to dynamically open all of them and concatenate one by one.

Best,

Fernando V.

Jwwwson
8 - Asteroid

Hi @fmvizcaino

Seems my workflow cant load the tools, please advise if there is add in package?

Jwwwson_0-1588926006965.png

cheers,

fmvizcaino
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @Jwwwson ,

Maybe you have moved your macro from the folder where it belongs.

One way of loading the macro back to the workflow is by right-clicking into the canvas and navigating to the folder where the macro currently is.

fmvizcaino_0-1588951719141.png

Also, you can create a folder where all your macro will be at and also you will be able to show them in your tool palette. https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Knowledge-Base/Macro-Installation/ta-p/13032

Best,

Fernando Vizcaino

janety0127
7 - Meteor

When I connect my input, how do I have the List of Sheet Names appear? All I see in the drop down are the individual sheets to choose from.

atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @janety0127 

You need to select the below option.

atcodedog05_0-1605548645312.png

Hope this helps 🙂

blakeah23
5 - Atom

Anyway to do this and also output what the tab name was? It works for me but needing to also see the tab names that were combined.

blakeah23
5 - Atom

This worked for me, but needing to also get the tab name in the export. Is that possible?

Labels