Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Combining Tabs in one excel sheet

sdinan002
5 - Atom

Hi I have multiple excel tabs in one Workbook which I would like to combine. This excel has over a 100 tabs which I would like to combine to sit under each other. 

Is there any fast way to input the tabs quickly instead of connecting a new input each time for every different tab/sheet. Datasets Batch Macro

Thanks

Steve

7 REPLIES 7
fmvizcaino
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @sdinan002 ,

Take a look at the attached example. I'm using an input to get all sheet names and then using a batch macro to dynamically open all of them and concatenate one by one.

Best,

Fernando V.

Jwwwson
8 - Asteroid

Hi @fmvizcaino

Seems my workflow cant load the tools, please advise if there is add in package?

Jwwwson_0-1588926006965.png

cheers,

fmvizcaino
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @Jwwwson ,

Maybe you have moved your macro from the folder where it belongs.

One way of loading the macro back to the workflow is by right-clicking into the canvas and navigating to the folder where the macro currently is.

fmvizcaino_0-1588951719141.png

Also, you can create a folder where all your macro will be at and also you will be able to show them in your tool palette. https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Knowledge-Base/Macro-Installation/ta-p/13032

Best,

Fernando Vizcaino

janety0127
7 - Meteor

When I connect my input, how do I have the List of Sheet Names appear? All I see in the drop down are the individual sheets to choose from.

atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @janety0127 

You need to select the below option.

atcodedog05_0-1605548645312.png

Hope this helps 🙂

blakeah23
5 - Atom

Anyway to do this and also output what the tab name was? It works for me but needing to also see the tab names that were combined.

blakeah23
5 - Atom

This worked for me, but needing to also get the tab name in the export. Is that possible?

Labels