Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Combining Multiple Output files into one output with Different tabs

Vicky92
7 - Meteor

Hi,

I am beginger in Alteryx, Can anyone help me in combining multiple output files into one output file with different tabs in Alteryx.

Note - All the the output file have different column & data. Hence we need to combine all the output file into one with different tabs. Sample file attached for reference.

4 REPLIES 4
JagdeeshN
12 - Quasar
12 - Quasar

Hi @Vicky92 ,

one way of doing this is by using the parallel block until done tool. (part of the CrewMacros add on).

Please find attached a sample workflow that combines the files.

Do let me know if this helps.

Best,

Jagdeesh Narayanan

fmvizcaino
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @Vicky92 ,

The problem you might me having is related to the excel trying to open all files at the same time and it shows the same error as if you leave the excel file open.

Since you have 3 different file structures and also all of them are not connected, we need to find a way of ordering them and that can be achieve by using a combination of sample tool + append tool

1. Block until done: ordering processes, output anchor 2 will only start sending data after anchor 1 finishes everything there

2. Sample tool: being used to select only one row

3. Append tool: It is a blocking tool and that means the tool will only output data from the T anchor after receive all the data from the S anchor

fmvizcaino_0-1626905963294.png

There is also a crew macro from the great @MarqueeCrew that can simplify this whole process.

Check this out: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g4lN92sXZlY

http://www.chaosreignswithin.com/p/macros.html

Best,

Fernando Vizcaino

Srawat
8 - Asteroid

hi @JagdeeshN

Parallel block until done tool is working for 3 input only if we need more than 3 output in one file then it will not accepting more than 3 output. Could you please advise if we can get more then 3 output in one file.

Thanks,

Rajeev  

binuacs
20 - Arcturus

@Srawat What is your requirement?

Labels