Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Combining Multiple CSV files with the Same Data in a Certain Row to one CSV FIle

bmao
5 - Atom

Hi,

I am new to using Alteryx, and I was wondering if there was a way to combine around 200 CSV files that have the same data in the 2nd row of the CSV file. For example, from 1 an 2, they have the same 2nd row label as “ABC”, I want the combined file to look like this 1.png. File 1 by itself looks like this2.png and File 2  by itself looks like this 3.png. File 3 by itself looks like this 4.png and file 4 by itself looks like this5.png. The combined file of 3 and 4 should look like this6.png.. Is there a function or combination of functions where Alteryx will do a search and combine for large amounts of files such as 200 CVS's into multiple CSV files with the same 2nd row data?

Thanks!

1 REPLY 1
neilgallen
12 - Quasar

@bmaoThis is a pretty good explanation of your options. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Labels