Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Combining / Inputting multiple Excel Files

bredder30
6 - Meteoroid

I am using the Input Data tool to combine multiple excel files. The tool sometimes skips files. The input path I use is the folder name \*.xlsx. All files saved are xlsx. The reasons I get are "file has a different number of fields than the first file" or "file has a different schema than first file." Is there an option I can check so that the Input tool ignores these? The only reason the number of columns is different is there is sometimes an extra column added that is not needed in the source data. Alteryx Screenshot.JPG

5 REPLIES 5
princejindal
9 - Comet
bredder30
6 - Meteoroid

Wow, this is great! Now, how can I get it to just retrieve one tab from the input?

bredder30
6 - Meteoroid

NVM! I just filtered the sheet name.

Thank you!!

princejindal
9 - Comet

@bredder30  yes, all you had to do is use a filter tool between the two macros to select a specific sheet. :)

DCWolfgang
5 - Atom

My file names are just 2019.1, 2019.2 etc. I'm trying to pull in the wildcard with "2019.*.xlsx"

When I do, I can't select the sheet names because it's not recognizing the file. All tab names are just "Data." What am I doing wrong here?

image.png

Thanks

Labels