Alteryx Designer Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer.
Announcement | We'll be doing maintenance between 2-3 hours, which may impact your experience. Thanks for your patience as we work on improving the community!

Combining Headers and data from separate sources using Cross Tab and Dynamic rename

Highlighted
8 - Asteroid

Hello,

I was wondering if someone could show me what tools I would want to use to take my headers that are in one dataset,

PERMIT NUMBER
OWNER NAME
OPERATING NAME
STREET
CITY
STATE
ZIP
COUNTY

and combine them with another column of data which has all the records.

AK-S-15000
GLACIER CREEK DISTILLERY LLC

1540 N SHORELINE DR
WASILLA
AK
MATANUSKA SUSITNA
AK-S-20001
 INC.

37200 THOMAS ST
STERLING
AK
KENAI PENINSULA BUROUGH
AK-S-20002
ROBERT BORLAND
URSA MAJOR DISTILLING
3738 MARIPOSA LN
FAIRBANKS
AK
FAIRBANKS NORTH STAR BOROUGH
AK-S-20003
PORT CHILKOOT DISTILLERY LLC
PORT CHILKOOT DISTILLERY
35 TOTEM ST
HAINES
AK
HAINES BOROUGH

And transpose it so it looks like this:

PERMIT NUMBEROWNER NAMEOPERATING NAMESTREETCITYSTATEZIPCOUNTY
AK-S-15000GLACIER CREEK DISTILLERY LLC 1540 N SHORELINE DRWASILLAAK99654MATANUSKA SUSITNA
AK-S-20001 INC. 37200 THOMAS STSTERLINGAK99672KENAI PENINSULA BUROUGH
AK-S-20002ROBERT BORLANDURSA MAJOR DISTILLING3738 MARIPOSA LNFAIRBANKSAK99709FAIRBANKS NORTH STAR BOROUGH
AK-S-20003PORT CHILKOOT DISTILLERY LLCPORT CHILKOOT DISTILLERY35 TOTEM STHAINESAK99827

HAINES BOROUGH

Thank you,

Highlighted
10 - Fireball

This might not be the most elegant solution, but I believe you can get it down by numbering your data in sets of 8, numbering the headers, joining them, and using Crosstab like this.

crosstab headers.PNG

Highlighted
8 - Asteroid

Thanks @EW 

This got me part of the way.  I guess the pattern in my data isn't consistent.  I was able to use regex to apply a number to the correct line for the state and zip and had some luck with the address lines, but can't figure out the regex to differentiate the owner name, operating name, city or county.

Labels