Alteryx Designer Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer.

Combining Files with Different Schemas in Excel with Multiple Worksheets

SRuhl
6 - Meteoroid

Hi there! I'm trying to combine 10+ files currently saved in a shared folder. Unfortunately, the schema changes across the files (new fields are added or removed month after month). Each file in the folder contain 2 worksheets (1) Vacancy (2) Pivot. I'm trying to combine all the files to create a master list. I came across this YouTube clip where #3 helped in my case where there was only 1 worksheet in the file (I tested one), but results in an error when there are multiple sheets that reads "Record #: Tool #: No sheet specified, you must specify a sheet." (https://youtu.be/MjGxzsMJINQ) I tried adding a comment, but it's an old clip and doesn't seem to be getting responses. Would anyone know how to distinguish the sheet to pull in using this solution? Thanks!!

8 REPLIES 8
Qiu
18 - Pollux

@SRuhl 
I think you are looking this macro.

atcodedog05
21 - Polaris

Hi @SRuhl 

You can give this workflow also a try. Just insert the path here.

atcodedog05_0-1642225496265.png

Hope this helps : )

SRuhl
6 - Meteoroid

Hi @Qiu . I'm unable to open your attachment... 

SRuhl_1-1642633902096.png

I'm using version 2018.4.4 if that helps at all...

SRuhl
6 - Meteoroid

@atcodedog05 I'm getting the same error for your attachment that I am for @Qiu 's... 😞

Qiu
18 - Pollux

@SRuhl 

Would it be possible for you to upgrade your alteryx version?
It is much out-of-date already.

SRuhl
6 - Meteoroid

@Qiu unfortunately not... I'm using the version my company has issued to my computer... 😞

Qiu
18 - Pollux

@atcodedog05 
You are up! 😁
Share your magic to downgrade the flow

atcodedog05
21 - Polaris

Hi @SRuhl 

Here is a guide on how to downgrade packaged workflows 🙂.

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Engine-Works/Making-Workflows-Apps-amp-Macros-Backwards-Compatible/...

Thank you for the callout @Qiu 😀

Hope this helps : )

Labels