Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Combining Files with Different Schemas in Excel with Multiple Worksheets

Steph23
7 - Meteor

Hi there! I'm trying to combine 10+ files currently saved in a shared folder. Unfortunately, the schema changes across the files (new fields are added or removed month after month). Each file in the folder contain 2 worksheets (1) Vacancy (2) Pivot. I'm trying to combine all the files to create a master list. I came across this YouTube clip where #3 helped in my case where there was only 1 worksheet in the file (I tested one), but results in an error when there are multiple sheets that reads "Record #: Tool #: No sheet specified, you must specify a sheet." (https://youtu.be/MjGxzsMJINQ) I tried adding a comment, but it's an old clip and doesn't seem to be getting responses. Would anyone know how to distinguish the sheet to pull in using this solution? Thanks!!

14 REPLIES 14
Steph23
7 - Meteor

I've been upgraded to 2021.2 and @atcodedog05 your solution works like a dream! (Unfortunately, I'm still unable to open your file, @Qiu 😥) Thank you so much!!

Qiu
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

@Steph23 
Glad to know it works anyway. 😁

atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Happy to help : ) @Steph23 

Cheers and have a nice day!

Steph23
7 - Meteor

@atcodedog05  - Is there a file count limit to the macro? There are 20+ files in the folder, but the macro only seems to be pulling in 10. Any work around for this?

Steph23
7 - Meteor

sorry... hit reply too soon and it doesn't seem like we can delete messages. I realized I'm filtering on one field that's impacting how many files come through. No issues. apologies again!

Labels