Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Combining Files with Different Schemas in Excel with Multiple Worksheets

Steph23
7 - Meteor

Hi there! I'm trying to combine 10+ files currently saved in a shared folder. Unfortunately, the schema changes across the files (new fields are added or removed month after month). Each file in the folder contain 2 worksheets (1) Vacancy (2) Pivot. I'm trying to combine all the files to create a master list. I came across this YouTube clip where #3 helped in my case where there was only 1 worksheet in the file (I tested one), but results in an error when there are multiple sheets that reads "Record #: Tool #: No sheet specified, you must specify a sheet." (https://youtu.be/MjGxzsMJINQ) I tried adding a comment, but it's an old clip and doesn't seem to be getting responses. Would anyone know how to distinguish the sheet to pull in using this solution? Thanks!!

14 REPLIES 14
Qiu
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

@Steph23 
I think you are looking this macro.

atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @Steph23 

You can give this workflow also a try. Just insert the path here.

atcodedog05_0-1642225496265.png

Hope this helps : )

Steph23
7 - Meteor

Hi @Qiu . I'm unable to open your attachment... 

SRuhl_1-1642633902096.png

I'm using version 2018.4.4 if that helps at all...

Steph23
7 - Meteor

@atcodedog05 I'm getting the same error for your attachment that I am for @Qiu 's... 😞

Qiu
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

@Steph23 

Would it be possible for you to upgrade your alteryx version?
It is much out-of-date already.

Steph23
7 - Meteor

@Qiu unfortunately not... I'm using the version my company has issued to my computer... 😞

Qiu
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

@atcodedog05 
You are up! 😁
Share your magic to downgrade the flow

atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @Steph23 

Here is a guide on how to downgrade packaged workflows 🙂.

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Engine-Works/Making-Workflows-Apps-amp-Macros-Backwards-Compatible/...

Thank you for the callout @Qiu 😀

Hope this helps : )

Steph23
7 - Meteor

@Qiu & @atcodedog05  - Thank you both so much for this information! Unfortunately, my laptop is locked down so much that I can't access the "Analytic Apps/Macros/Workflows" folder... However, I did just receive notice that our company is upgrading to the 2021 version next week, so I'll hop back in here after that happens to try again!

Labels