Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Combining 3 Salesforce Reports Into a Single Output

jdebrincat
7 - Meteor

Hi all. I am trying to create a singular pipeline report from 3 separate SFDC reports. Those reports are outputting

MQL (Count)

New SQO (Count)

New SQO (MRR)

Won (Count)

Won (MRR)

Trying to figure out a way to take the three reports and drop them into a single spreadsheet. Cant use a multi-join because there is nothing to join on.

8 REPLIES 8
Paulteryx
11 - Bolide

Do you have a sample of data I could see that you're looking to merge? I have some ideas, but they're contingent on what the data looks like.

GavinAttard
11 - Bolide

Hi

With no joins on the data, i am assuming the issue is more about layout on spread sheet, into something 'dashboard' like.?

in which case the Reporting Tool together with the visual layout tool might be what you are after.

If it's just having the raw data in one excel file, i would suggest saving the different tables to different sheet sin the same table. 

There are a number of things that can be done after that, depends on what your end use is

ciao

G

Alteryx Everything, Leave no one behind.
jdebrincat
7 - Meteor

Sure. It is pretty straigtforward:

Leads Created in Period: Data output is a single cell with sum of leads

Opps Created in Period: Data output is two cells with count of opportunities and sum of opportunity amount

Wins Created in Period: Data output is two cells with count of won opportunities and sum of booked opp amount.

So, I am trying to take these data points and put them into a spreadsheet in a vertical fashion, like the sample attached. There is nothing to join all of the data together.

jdebrincat
7 - Meteor

Correct! Nothing to join on. Just trying to place these in a vertical fashion in a spreadsheet and then do some calculations across them.

Paulteryx
11 - Bolide

Do you anticipate only having a single column for the Month, or will this table grow in width?

jdebrincat
7 - Meteor

I would love to be able to expand this by month as time goes on - adding a new column for each month.

GavinAttard
11 - Bolide

Hi @jdebrincat

You can expand on the attached. 

You can use serial appends to create the one row of data. You can use the date time tool to timestamp it. You can then add calcs or crosstab as required. 

On the output tool, you can append to sheet and this will add the data incrementally. 

Alteryx Everything, Leave no one behind.
jdebrincat
7 - Meteor

Thanks! I think that will work!

Labels