Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Combing Row Values Based Upon Column Value

Mark3000
6 - Meteoroid

I'm dealing with a data set where some groups of information of are broken out across multiple rows even though they should each be in one single unique row. I'm trying to combine these rows based upon matching text strings in a specific column.

An example intake, where certain users have multiple rows:

UserService 1Service 2Service 3Service 4Total
Bob515 11
Jack382215
Jack31 48
Jill 52 7
John967426
Mary  3912
Mary344314

Note "Jack" and "Mary" have multiple rows despite being the same user. So, I'm trying to get from the above to this:

UserService 1Service 2Service 3Service 4Total
Bob515 11
Jack692623
Jill 52 7
John967426
Mary3471226

... Where I've combined the "Jack" and "Mary" rows into a single row for each user--which involves adding the column values from the previous multiple Jack and Mary rows. 

I've tried a number of different tools (including Summarize and Formula) but haven't had any luck. I'm assuming there's an easy way to do this, but most of the examples I've found involve keeping values rather than combining them.

I'm a fairly new Alteryx user and may not be asking this question in the right way. Appreciate any guidance anyone can provide.

2 REPLIES 2
pcatterson
11 - Bolide

It should work something like this.

Mark3000
6 - Meteoroid

Perfect, thank you!

Labels