Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Combine two excel tabs into one

Joe_McCoy
8 - Asteroid

I have two inputs that are simple excel sheets that my group would like to be on the same sheet. I have tried a few things but none match the exact output. I have attached the data 1, 2 and desired results if anyone has suggestions.

Thanks,

Joe

3 REPLIES 3
estherb47
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

Hi @Joe_McCoy 

The tables need some common linkage. We already have the Emp no, and looking at your output, data 2 sheet needs to be added, in order, to data 1 sheet, matching on emp and job number.

The challenge is that the job numbers don't match. They're alpha in one table and numeric in the other. A Tile tool added to the Data1 table adds the needed numeric job number to the data.

Then a join tool matches up the data that matches from data 1 to data 2 tables (joining on Emp & Job #), and a Union brings the non-matches in too.

image.png

Let me know if this works.

Cheers!

Esther

Joe_McCoy
8 - Asteroid

Thanks Esther! This was exactly what I needed. I replaced one of my recordId tools with the tile tool and all finished. I knew it had to be something simple.

clipboard_image_0.png

Joe

estherb47
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

@Joe_McCoy 

So glad it worked! The Tile tool is a wonderful, and under-used tool, in the preparation category. I now always use it for internal numbering within groups.

Cheers,

Esther

Labels