Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Combine select set of Excel tabs from one file into one input tool

kheuer
8 - Asteroid

Hello,

I have an Excel file with 20 worksheet tabs. 17 of them have the same data schema, 3 of them are completely different. I would like to combine the 17 worksheet tabs into one data input. I played around with the Dynamic input tool but could not configure it to ignore the 3 worksheet tabs that are different. What is the best way of accomplishing this task?

Thanks much,

Kristina

11 REPLIES 11
kheuer
8 - Asteroid

@Claje - I'll need to read up on Macros. I don't fully understand them yet. Thanks for sharing!

Claje
14 - Magnetar

No problem!

It should be fairly easy to figure out how to set up a Macro folder for the first time.  After that, this tool should pretty much be as simple as any other - drag it in and tell it what files and sheets you want pulled and it should (hopefully) meet your need.

This article should help with getting macros set up for the first time! They're a little tricky to develop if you've never done it before, but they should be pretty easy to install and use.

Labels