Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Combine multiple True outputs (filter tool) into one file with multiple tabs

pacbloyd
7 - Meteor

Hello - I have a bunch of Filter tools where I need to combine all the True outputs into one file, were each True output is its own separate tab. How do I do this?

5 REPLIES 5
atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @pacbloyd 

Can you provide some sample input and expected output It will help us get a better understanding of the usecase.

We will be happy to help : )

pacbloyd
7 - Meteor

Hi @atcodedog05 - I'm not exactly sure the best way to do that...

I basically just want to make each True output into its own tab, in one Excel spreadsheet

NikyN
9 - Comet

Hello @pacbloyd,

1) In case they have SAME schema:

I would create new field after true anchor -- name of Sheet basically. Once this Sheet Name column is added, you can union all True anchors, you can use output tool as shown below. This way, you will have one file named TEST with different tabs.

NikyN_0-1645209796812.png

2) In case they have DIFFERENT schema:

I would use after each true anchor table tool to create table, then also add Sheet Name column. Once done, you can union all items together -- use Layout tool. Important is to select correct Orientation as below.

NikyN_1-1645209944157.png

Once finally you have only one Layout tool that contains all you data, you can add Render Tool (as final output). It can be filled in normally, but Separator is important.

NikyN_2-1645210010898.png

As Render Tool and multiple sheet already has couple of articles here -- sharing one here for more details 

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Discussions/Rename-sheet-in-Render-Tool/td-p/42171...

Let me know if it was helpful!

Best Luck!

Niky

pacbloyd
7 - Meteor

@NikyN wrote:

Hello @pacbloyd,

1) In case they have SAME schema:

I would create new field after true anchor -- name of Sheet basically. Once this Sheet Name column is added, you can union all True anchors, you can use output tool as shown below. This way, you will have one file named TEST with different tabs

So what's the best way to add that new field? Add a formula tool to each True output?

NikyN
9 - Comet

@pacbloyd, yes after each one formula tool.

In case this solution will works for you -- please feel free to mark it as solved!

Enjoy weekend!

Best Luck!

Niky

Labels