Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Combine Rows of Data into Separate Columns by Unique Identifier

amandaj4123
7 - Meteor

I could use some SUPER DUPER smarty pants help here.  I have searched the Community and, so far, none of the existing suggestions have resolved my issue.

I have an Unique Identifier "ID" which could have 3-5 rows of data.  I would like to separate the "Value" column into separate columns, indicating the value in the "Amount" column.

Capture.PNG

4 REPLIES 4
MarqueeCrew
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus
Use a cross tab

Group by Id, name & date

Header = value
Value = amount

That should do it.
Alteryx ACE & Top Community Contributor

Chaos reigns within. Repent, reflect and restart. Order shall return.
Please Subscribe to my youTube channel.
nick_ceneviva
11 - Bolide

Are you looking for the Cross Tab tool?

You can specify your grouping field (ID, Name and Date in your instance).  Your header fields would be the value column and the value field would be your Amount Column.  Because there wouldn't be any aggregation, you will be okay choosing sum.

gnans19
11 - Bolide

Same approach. Attached smple workflow

img.png

amandaj4123
7 - Meteor

That resolved my issue.  I kept attempting Transpose with Cross Tab and coming up with errors.  Thanks for the quick response!  Sometimes, the answer is more simple than we think it is.

Labels