Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Combine Regex options to pull outline reference from start of line.

hellyars
13 - Pulsar

Regex question....Text below.

I want to extract any line that starts with

(^C\..*$)

And any line that starts with:

(^\([\l]\))

I tried to combine them with an or statement but it parses two output fields.

(^\([\l]\))|(^C\..*$)

QUESTION:

How can I combine them so that they output to a single new output field (in one step).

Sample Text...

C.1 Background
(a) The Coast Guard established the Waterways Commerce Cutter (WCC) Program to replace the
capability provided by the Inland Tender Fleet. The fleet provides the USCG with the capability
necessary to execute and support statutory and federally-mandated missions in Inland Waterways and
Western Rivers (IW&WR) of the United States which fall into three main categories: (1) construction and
maintenance of fixed aids; (2) positioning and maintenance of floating Federal Aids to Navigation; and
(3) repositioning, replacement, or removal of river buoys based on changes in water level and river
conditions.
(b) The River Buoy Tender (WLR) and Inland Construction Tender (WLIC) cutter variants will be
acquired on this contract. These variants are expected to be mostly common except for hull length,
working deck layouts, and deck equipment, including the crane. They will provide the fleet with greater
endurance, speed and deck load capacity than their predecessors, along with improved habitability and
will accommodate mixed-gender crews.
C.2 General Statement Of Work
(a) The WCC Program intends to acquire an estimated 16 River Buoy Tender Variant cutters (WLR)

3 REPLIES 3
mceleavey
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @hellyars ,

You've separated them out with an or clause and created two parsed elements.

Try the following:

(^\([\l]\)|^C\..*$)

mceleavey_0-1621885006422.png

Hope this helps.

M.

Bulien

hellyars
13 - Pulsar

@mceleavey  Ah, I did not realize you can place the or statement inside the group.  Thanks.

mceleavey
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

no problem.gif

Bulien

Labels