Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Combine Multiple Excel Sheet data into 1 sheet

Learner09
8 - Asteroid

Hello Team,

I am trying to combine the different excel sheet data into 1 sheet. Request you to please help me in designing the flow.

Attached is a file for reference.

Thanks,

11 REPLIES 11
grazitti_sapna
17 - Castor

Hello @Learner09, try this. I have created a workflow with a help of macro.

grazitti_sapna_0-1657107819433.png

I hope this helps!

Thanks!

Sapna Gupta
Learner09
8 - Asteroid

Thank you so much @grazitti_sapna. It's working. 

How did you build this small macro, I am very new in terms of implementing and designing macro in Alteryx flow.

Thanks

Mayank

grazitti_sapna
17 - Castor

@Learner09, you can start with this link- https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Knowledge-Base/Getting-Started-with-Standard-Macro...  if you want to learn how to work with macros.

Or you can simply right-click on the macro that I created.

grazitti_sapna_0-1657113668217.png

I hope this helps!

Thanks!

Sapna Gupta
Learner09
8 - Asteroid

Thank you @grazitti_sapna. I have only one query what is the role of the below-mentioned file in the macro because the file data is all different.

Mayank09_2-1657116503932.png

Mayank09_1-1657116411578.png

Learner09
8 - Asteroid

@grazitti_sapna is that possible if you are able to send the file that is saved on the system - 'C:\Test Folder\File New. xlsx|||Sheet1'. It's really helpful for me to understand how this macro work.

grazitti_sapna
17 - Castor

@Learner09, it is just a random file I used you can put any random path in the text input tool. Macro is nothing but another workflow with a control parameter, outside the macro I am just passing a path that will be read inside the macro. But attaching the file below.

Thanks!

Sapna Gupta
Learner09
8 - Asteroid

@grazitti_sapna got it! Thank you.

Best,

Mayank

Learner09
8 - Asteroid

Hello @grazitti_sapna . Sorry for the multiple messages. For the last one, I designed the Macro on my own ( to learn better) and it works fine. The only challenge I faced now is macro front connector is missing, how I can enable this connector. Please help.

Mayank09_0-1657179013225.png

Labels