Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Combine Multiple Excel Sheet data into 1 sheet

Learner09
8 - Asteroid

Hello Team,

I am trying to combine the different excel sheet data into 1 sheet. Request you to please help me in designing the flow.

Attached is a file for reference.

Thanks,

11 REPLIES 11
grazitti_sapna
17 - Castor

Hello @Learner09, try this. I have created a workflow with a help of macro.

grazitti_sapna_0-1657107819433.png

I hope this helps!

Thanks!

Sapna Gupta
Learner09
8 - Asteroid

Thank you so much @grazitti_sapna. It's working. 

How did you build this small macro, I am very new in terms of implementing and designing macro in Alteryx flow.

Thanks

Mayank

grazitti_sapna
17 - Castor

@Learner09, you can start with this link- https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Knowledge-Base/Getting-Started-with-Standard-Macro...  if you want to learn how to work with macros.

Or you can simply right-click on the macro that I created.

grazitti_sapna_0-1657113668217.png

I hope this helps!

Thanks!

Sapna Gupta
Learner09
8 - Asteroid

Thank you @grazitti_sapna. I have only one query what is the role of the below-mentioned file in the macro because the file data is all different.

Mayank09_2-1657116503932.png

Mayank09_1-1657116411578.png

Learner09
8 - Asteroid

@grazitti_sapna is that possible if you are able to send the file that is saved on the system - 'C:\Test Folder\File New. xlsx|||Sheet1'. It's really helpful for me to understand how this macro work.

grazitti_sapna
17 - Castor

@Learner09, it is just a random file I used you can put any random path in the text input tool. Macro is nothing but another workflow with a control parameter, outside the macro I am just passing a path that will be read inside the macro. But attaching the file below.

Thanks!

Sapna Gupta
Learner09
8 - Asteroid

@grazitti_sapna got it! Thank you.

Best,

Mayank

Learner09
8 - Asteroid

Hello @grazitti_sapna . Sorry for the multiple messages. For the last one, I designed the Macro on my own ( to learn better) and it works fine. The only challenge I faced now is macro front connector is missing, how I can enable this connector. Please help.

Mayank09_0-1657179013225.png

Labels