Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Comapring two files: output formatting assistance

Empower49
8 - Asteroid

One of the fabulous Alteryx pros helped me create the following output to show differences in two files:

IDEFFDATE1EFFDATE2 RANGE LOW 1 RANGE LOW 2
482312/31/201912/27/2019  
4999  19401920

Now it's been requested that the output be formatted as below and I don't know how to populate the "field" column because we created a field 1 (for the first compare file) and field 2 (for the second compare file.)

IDFieldValue1Value2
4823EffDate12/31/201912/27/2019
4999Range Low19401920

Do the experts have any suggestions? Thank you!

6 REPLIES 6
MarqueeCrew
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

@Empower49 ,

Use a CReW macro that I have placed in the public gallery to see differences (side-by-side).  Open the macro to see how it works.

CReW Delta

Cheers,

Mark

Alteryx ACE & Top Community Contributor

Chaos reigns within. Repent, reflect and restart. Order shall return.
Please Subscribe to my youTube channel.
Thableaus
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @Empower49 

See the this workflow appended.

Basically some transposing, RegEX to separate Values (1 and 2), data cleansing and Cross-Tab to put it back together would solve the problem.

Cheers,

MarqueeCrew
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

hey @Thableaus,

would you like to try my macro and give me any feedback?

Cheers,

Mark

Alteryx ACE & Top Community Contributor

Chaos reigns within. Repent, reflect and restart. Order shall return.
Please Subscribe to my youTube channel.
Thableaus
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @MarqueeCrew 

I had not seen your post before, I'm gonna check it right now and sure, I give you feedback.

Cheers,

Thableaus
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

@MarqueeCrew 

Cool macro. I guess this would get @Empower49  straight to the final output he needs in just a single tool.

Cheers,

Empower49
8 - Asteroid

Thank you both VERY much! I learn something new from this community every day. I really appreciate you sharing your expertise - it makes so much sense to me after I see someone else's solution!

Labels