Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Columns disappearing after pivot

johneodell
8 - Asteroid

I needed to pivot some data so I used  a Transpose followed by a Crosstab. I was able to get the results I desired, but the the new data disappears from the Select tool immediately after I run the workflow. This is impacting a Find and Replace that I have downstream in the workflow. The weird part is that I can see the proper data and columns in the Browse tools.

Has anyone experienced this?  More than likely I'm doing something wrong but I cant figure out what it is.

Here is the section of the workflow: 

johneodell_2-1574263432129.png

Here is the second Browse tool:

johneodell_1-1574263384305.png

As you can see, everything is there.

Here is a screenshot of what is happening in the Select tool:

johneodell_0-1574263339348.png

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks!!!

2 REPLIES 2
DanM
Alteryx Community Team
Alteryx Community Team

Can you replace the tool that isn't working and try again. Looks like for some reason the meta data is not passing to the tool. 

What version of Alteryx are you on? I would suggest making sure you are using the latest version 2019.3

johneodell
8 - Asteroid

Thanks for the reply @DanM  but this did not work.  I've replaced the entire pivot sequence multiple times and the column still disappears. Interestingly, everything seems to work fine until I try to connect the Select tool to anything else.  That is when the column disappears. I don't know if it matters but the column that is disappearing contains the pivot info.

I am using version 2019.1.6 since that is what my organization has and unfortunately I cannot upgrade it.

Edit: One thing I noticed is that my column was getting passed through with a 2048 character size which is much, much larger than it needs to be. I added an Auto Field and limited the size of my column to 80. This seems to work. The information is now being passed through. 

Labels