Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Column widths not sizing properly.

sh0711
5 - Atom
When I set the width of my columns in my table, it doesn't actually change the width at all. I've tried automatic, percentage, and fixed and nothing changes the width of the column. What am I doing wrong?

I also need help changing the names of the tabs when I output to excel. Currently, each tab is just sheet1, sheet2, etc. I need the tabs to name themselves after what I am grouping the table by.
5 REPLIES 5
kane_glendenning
10 - Fireball

Hi Samantha,

In respect to the column width issue, I've had this happen before and it was the table configuration that was re-sizing the columns. You need to set the table width as well. If it is set to automatic, then it will re-size all the columns. My advice is set all the column widths and then set the Table width to the sum of the columns.

For the names of the tabs, if you have a field that has the name of that tab in it, then you can use the output tool and the Change File/Table Name option down the bottom. This should name each tab according to the grouping field.However, I'm not sure how this will work after a Table Tool....

rtaImage (2).png
Let me know if this doesn't explain far enough or if I've misunderstood your question.

Kane.
DotDigitals
7 - Meteor

I am currently facing the same problem, I cannot see the output of the width in Excel even though it reflects in Alteryx when viewed using the browse tool.

DotDigitals
7 - Meteor

I cannot see the effect in my excel file. I have about 10 fields. I made 9 of them 2inches each and the last one which is the tenth field 10inches, I then set the Table width 28inches

DotDigitals_0-1589479228857.png

I still cannot see the effect in my excel file. Is it because I am using excel 2016? or what other thing am I supposed to do?

DotDigitals_1-1589479261710.png

The Product Container field was set to 10inches.

zheny0010
6 - Meteoroid

Hi,

I am having same issues. Have you found the solution yet?

Thanks!

ssink
5 - Atom

Hey I might have figured out a solution to this.

In addition to increasing the table size to be the sum of all column widths, I ALSO had to adjust the Render tool Report Style "Paper Size" to "Custom" and then set the width to the same size as the table size in the report tool, and now at least my Excel output does not look all squished.

Labels