Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Column total

sakshisharma
6 - Meteoroid

My excel file contains balance sheet &P/L a/c tab. In balance sheet it has data of different subsidiaries of organisation(say 10 subsidiaries). Now i want to show along with the present data "Current asset","all assets", "current liabilities", "all liabilities" total of all subsidiaries.For example:- i want a total B2 to B12 Cell in B13 , total of c2 to c12 in c13 then i want Total of B15 to B25 in B26, total of c15 to c25 in c26 and so on for other cells also In excel, i would have added a row(13th or 26th row in my example) in between and would be simply doing sum. How to do in alteryx?

In the attached file, cells marked in yellow in output is what i need.Any help in this respect will be highly appreciated.

7 REPLIES 7
vizAlter
12 - Quasar

Hi @sakshisharma — Welcome to the community!

It's good to attach sample/dummy data to know more about your Input file and desired output file, both?

sakshisharma
6 - Meteoroid

I've attached an example excel file, same sheet contains both input and output data.

vizAlter
12 - Quasar

Hi @sakshisharma — Try this solution... it will give you an idea;

vizAlter_1-1600701050597.png

Please mark it "Solved" or "Solved" with a Like if it resolved your query. This will help other users find the same answer/resolution.  Thank you.

paulfound
11 - Bolide

Hi @sakshisharma 

If you just need them in a table then this should help, had to add sub-category field so I knew what to sum.

PaulFound_0-1600701449896.pngPaulFound_1-1600701467635.png

Let me know what you think.

Paul

sakshisharma
6 - Meteoroid

Hey Paul. Thank you for responding. could you please tell me which is the second & third tool you've used?

sakshisharma
6 - Meteoroid

Hi, Thanks for your response. Yes, this solution will work.

paulfound
11 - Bolide

Hi @sakshisharma 

Its the multirow formula tool. 

If it works please mark as complete. 

Thank you

Labels