Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Column calculation

Andreas92
6 - Meteoroid

Hi,

I've been trying to do the following in Alteryx, I've tried working with multi row and multi field formulas but couldn't get anything going.

I'm trying to do a simple subtraction between column 2 and 1, and then continuing, 3 minus 2, etc. all this grouped by ID and Country.

Is there no current field minus previous field?

Thanks!

Andreas

Andreas92_0-1636045054120.png

5 REPLIES 5
PhilipMannering
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

HI @Andreas92,

It takes a bit of wrangling, but something like this should help. See attached.

PhilipMannering_0-1636046610150.png

Andreas92
6 - Meteoroid

Thanks Philip!

I just had to change your join to join by ID and Country and not by position.

Andreas92
6 - Meteoroid

Hi @PhilipMannering,

I am now trying to do a division between both of those series of columns, dynamically. See below screenshot, I am doing current field / by the Right current field name (1) which refers to the first columns, but I can't make it refer to those previous fields.

In the below case, I would need to do -1080 / 1080.12 for France.

Andreas92_2-1636369713713.png

Thanks!

Andreas

Andreas92
6 - Meteoroid

Hi @PhilipMannering,

I am now trying to divide between both sets of columns. I now need to dynamically divide column 2-1 by column 1. See below screenshot. I tried with doing a Right current field name it doesn't work, it's not taking the right side of the division as a field ( [1] ) but rather as a number to be applied for the division.

How can I work around this?

Andreas92_0-1636377307986.png

Thanks,

Andreas

PhilipMannering
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Like with the difference, I think you would want to calculate the % difference on the pivoted data using a Multi-Row Tool. See attached,

PhilipMannering_0-1636396090306.png

Labels