Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Column arrangement as per the Header order

Naga
8 - Asteroid

Hello,

Need help on the below requirement

I have 100+ column file, which was created and I need those 100 columns in a specific order that I have in different file (only the headers of those 100 column). By using this template I need the data to be ordered as per the template.

Input - with Header and data

Employee First Name
Employee Middle Name
Employee Last Name
Address Line 1
Address Line 2
City-Municipality
State-Region
Zip Code-Postal Code
Country

Order in which column with data from Input to be arranged as below
Input data (only Header given below
Employee Last Name
Employee First Name
Address Line 1
Employee Middle Name
State-Region
Zip Code-Postal Code
Country
City-Municipality
Address Line 2

Thanks
Naga

3 REPLIES 3
bpatel
Alteryx
Alteryx

hi @Naga ,

you can use the union tool to accomplish this. one input in the union tool will be the data with column headers and the second input will be the header names placed in their proper spots (to test this you can use the text input tool and put all of your headers i the appropriate columns) then using the union tool you will be able to stack the data together. just have auto config by name selected. 

i hope this helps!

fmvizcaino
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @Naga ,

Attached is an example showing how to do it.

Since it was not clear the way you would provide the template, I've used your header as rows in a file. Be sure to select the specific output order in your union tool.

fmvizcaino_0-1583435822658.png

Let me know if this works for you.

Best,

Fernando Vizcaino

Simha
9 - Comet

Hello,

I provided a similar solution to another user before. Here's a slightly modified version that suits your requirement. You will see the original columns order from first input has been changed.

Bonus - With this solution you can also change the column header text, if you like (as shown).

This is inline with what @bpatel also suggested.

Regards

Simha

Simha_0-1583435926751.png

Labels