Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Column Width Fix

arbencukaj
7 - Meteor

Hello everyone,

I am having trouble shortening the width of 2 columns that contains lengthy comments. The columns stretch the entire length of the comments. For example, if the cell has 4 sentences, the column will display the 4 sentences stretched along one line making it painful to the reader forcing them to keep scrolling right in order to read the entire cell. Is there a way to shorten it without cropping any comments? Ideally I would like for it to stack and if the reader wants to expand the cell, they can at will. Thank you in advance for any help you can provide!

1 REPLY 1
DataNath
17 - Castor

Hey @arbencukaj, by default, your column widths will be set to automatic. However, you can change these to fixed and define their size, this will prevent them expanding the length of the comment and the text within will wrap as you wish. For this quick example I've just built a table of 2 columns with fixed widths:

1.png

When I Render that, I get the following:

2a.png

Whereas if I'd left all of the settings as 'Automatic', I end up with this:

3.png

Labels