Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Column Width Error

czjames87
8 - Asteroid

I am trying to resize several columns in my workflow based on character length. I have managed to succeed using the below formula. However, when i attempt to save my flow I get this error even though my flow runs with no errors. All fields are V_String before and after the formula tool I am using. I tried using tonumber as well but in order to use PadRight the datatype has to be string. Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

PadRight(ToString([Delivery]),25," ")

The error i get when i attempt to save.

czjames87_0-1602085658703.png

8 REPLIES 8
atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @czjames87 ,

check this datatype it should be number

atcodedog05_0-1602086065816.png

Hope this helps 🙂

If this post helps you please mark it as solution. And give a like if you dont mind 😀

czjames87
8 - Asteroid

it shows V_String and if i change it to number then the formula i have entered does not work. 

atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @czjames87 

It should be string not double.

czjames87
8 - Asteroid

Below is what the formula tool is showing. As you can see the data type is string. However, when i go to save it says its a number field 

czjames87_0-1602086790078.png

Below is the select tool that i am using right before the formula tool. which also shows that this a string datatype. Not sure how it shows as a number when its showing as a sting throughout the flow. 

czjames87_1-1602086912141.png

atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @czjames87 

Remove ToString() function and try

PadRight([Delivery],25," ")

Try increasing the size of field in select tool.

czjames87
8 - Asteroid

that worked. Thank you! 

atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Happy to help 🙂

Cheers and happy analyzing 😀

sfyodor
7 - Meteor

Any idea if this works with 'Render' tool?

Labels