Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Column Header Naming and Sizing

shpruitt
7 - Meteor

In the output file, I would like column I through T to read the actual dates on line 7 in the input file, and not row 8. So week 1 would be 10/28/2019, week 2 would be 11/4/2019 and so on. The dates will change every week I receive the new input file as the week 1 rolls forward. So next week the week 1 will be 11/4. But I need it to read it from the input file - not based on today's date (sometimes on a Monday I have to use the file from Friday which would be two different weeks).

In the output file - I would like column A to not be insanely wide. I always have to resize it when I open it. I also don't care for the 'vertical' grouping that is setup in those right hand orange boxes but I can't find a way to remove this without killing the hyperlink. So doing one of these might take care of the other, I am not sure. 

Thank you in advance!!

1 REPLY 1
jrgo
14 - Magnetar

@shpruitt 

Attached is a modified workflow which should solve the first request of replacing the "Week*" headers with the actual date from the other input file. I wasn't able to identify a fix for the really long width column A. I suspect though that it is trying to account for space based off of the actual URL behind the hyperlink, not just the text.

I'll share an update if I do come across a possible solution or workaround.

Jimmy
Teknion Data Solutions

Labels