Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Coloured rows in final csv file

jonasheise
8 - Asteroid

Hey all!

Is it possible to colour specific lines based on a rule - in my case based on a word in the column description - and get these coloured rows to be visible in the final .csv output?

Right now this is how it looks in alteryx:

image.png 

but when I open the .csv file I only see this line shown beneath.

<div class="d714bbfd170d348b9a23b51fcfdf9f68e" width="100%"><style>

I have attached the workflow.

4 REPLIES 4
CiaranA
10 - Fireball

I don't think you can write in conditional formatting into a CSV output to my knowledge, or in fact from a table report tool out to CSV, it would normally be a PDF, powerpoint or html output.  

jonasheise
8 - Asteroid

All right, thanks.

Do you know if there is another solution to how you can be sure to check some specific lines in when you open up you final .csv? 

CiaranA
10 - Fireball

@jonasheise wrote:

All right, thanks.

Do you know if there is another solution to how you can be sure to check some specific lines in when you open up you final .csv? 

You might use the message tool with a rule such as the attached which stops the output being written if it does contain / doesn't contain records with the word "Pick" in it. See two examples, one where it runs fine, the other where it gets stopped as an error.

jonasheise
8 - Asteroid

Thank you.

I have created a message to make me aware to check my final file, I think this will work just fine.

Labels