Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Collect images from .XLS files

jstewart
7 - Meteor

Hello, 

I am trying to collect images from roughly 300 .XLS files. There is one page per file with differing names, I dont need any text or values, and image resolution is of importance. I can iterate with batch macro or wild card but dont know how to capture the images. I was also attempting to export at HTMS to grab the isolated image but again, no avail. Any thoughts on this?

Cheers, 

Jack 

1 REPLY 1
ivoller
12 - Quasar

I think that due to the way the objects are stored, a VBA or VBScript macro to extract the images is probably the way to go. Given that you'll need to write the macro to extract the images it probably makes sense to do the complete job in Excel. I.e. use Dir() to get the filenames and then loop through all worksheets in each workbook to find and copy the shapes. Another approach may be to look into unpacking the ZIP (.xlsx) if they are not actually .xls.

Labels