Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Collating Multiple Excel Data into one single Excel File

ananth7358
6 - Meteoroid

Hi All,

I got stuck in below given workflow where i am trying to read multiple excel files and collating in one single file. I'm facing an issue where it is not looping through all the files. Only the same file iterated twice and loaded in output file, its not reading the data from other file.

Below are the screenshots for the same. Kindly help me if there are any configuration that i have to modify to make it work and read from multiple excel files.

Batch Macro - Action ConfigurationBatch Macro - Action ConfigurationInput Data - ConfigurationInput Data - ConfigurationOutput messageOutput message

Regards,

Ananthakrishnan S.

13 REPLIES 13
ananth7358
6 - Meteoroid

Great Joe ! 

I'm trying use the workflows and still i couldn't able to achieve the desired consolidated output using .xls files  whereas .xlsx files are working perfect!

I here by attached workflows and excel files. 

Could you please have a look and let me know what needs to be corrected in order to work perfect?

Regards,

Ananthakrishnan S.

Joe_Mako
12 - Quasar

With just those files, here is the output I get:

output.png

What is wrong with this output, or is there something I am missing?

ananth7358
6 - Meteoroid

Hi Joe,

I have used the same attached workflow and executed and i got the below error :(

error2.PNG

Could you please tell me if i have done some tool configuration or mappings wrongly? Also please re-send me the workflow that you used with my files.

Ekta
8 - Asteroid

Hi ,

I am following same workflow for my multiple excel sheets  with different schema but my different excels are getting attached under the first one. means header of second starts after the last row of first excel and so on.. 

how can i fix it 

Best Regards

Labels